While visiting Sonoma County you can purchase Angeline wines at the Martin Ray Winery Tasting Room. Enjoy our exclusive Martin Ray wines, play some bocce ball, and chase the chickens around at our certified California sustainable vineyard and winery!
It’s a no-brainer. That’s why we’ve joined ranks with the Sonoma County Winegrowers Association, and we are pleased to say that we have passed our first third-party sustainability audit!
- Our solar energy system supplies over 80% of the winery’s power.
- Winery cellar lighting is motion sensitive (lights off in dormant areas), and we are continuing to upgrade to LED lighting in all buildings.
- Our gray water collection pond has been recently upgraded to better treat winery wastewater through aeration and filtration, and much of it is being reused for landscape irrigation. This is particularly important in this time of drought.
- The piping that moves glycol throughout the winery to chill and warm tanks for fermentation and storage has been insulated for efficiency, as well as the tanks themselves to help maintain temperature with minimal energy consumption.
- Our inert Nitrogen is generated on-site which doesn’t require compressed gas deliveries by truck.
- All grape processing pomace (stems, seeds, skins) is recycled into vineyard and landscaping compost.